Friday, October 29, 2010

Zofran

Last night turned out to be rather interesting. I went to my first class and got out at 6. I felt really sluggish, tired, and slow which isn't uncommon for me lately, especially when I am at school. I decided to not go to my evening class that started at 7:15 - so I drove home and curled up on the couch. My hands and feet were turning purple and were super swollen and my lower back started having horrible, sharp pains so I started to pace around the house trying to get everything to relax. I began having trouble catching my breath, and then I threw up. I wasn't throwing up a lot, maybe a few tablespoons, but I threw up twice in 20 minutes.

I decided to call the on-call line for my doctor's office. I hadn't eaten since one that afternoon (I had a huge lunch), so the doctor thought it might be a bug. She put me on a liquid only diet for 12 hours and called in Zofran, a prego safe anti-nausea medicine for me to pick up. She said if things didn't get any better by noon today that I needed to come in. She thought I sounded dehydrated and that is what was causing the swelling in my hands, feet, belly (causing the shortness of breath) and my back ache. I was able to sleep through the night with the Zofran in my system and feel much better this morning - albeit I have some heartburn. I haven't taken any Zofran today. I have no idea what that was all about, but I'm glad everything is okay and I am so thankful to have responsive doctors who don't think every pregnant girl is a hypochondriac.

Preston was still moving all around during the entire thing which made me feel so much better. I woke up this morning and he very nicely kicked my ribcage to say good morning. Glad to have that episode over, whatever it was, and I am glad I listened to my body and wasn't downtown in the middle of class when I started getting ill.

No comments:

Post a Comment