Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Starting to come together

With not working, I've had a lot of time to sit and stare at the nursery lately. I just placed a big order on Amazon, which gives us everything that we need for the baby except for diapers, wipes, and a diaper bag. All I need for me is nursing bras/tanks/pads, etc. but everything I read says to wait on most of it until my milk comes in. Until then, I am waiting for Amazon to deliver all the goodies I purchased, including the following adorable pictures that match his bedding.



I bought the giraffe, monkey, and lion. I haven't decided whether or not they will need to be framed, but I will hang them above his crib. My mom and my aunt also picked up a monkey hamper, lamp, and night light which will go perfectly. I bought the changing table pad and a few covers for it. I keep reading the covers are pretty useless since the pad itself is waterproof and easier to keep clean than the covers, but they were too cute to pass up a package.



I also picked up a diaper wipe case for the diaper bag, some diaper pail refills, and the book The Happiest Baby on the Block. I keep hearing such great reviews for the book, I had to pick it up.

I am anxiously awaiting the last few items that we purchased to get the nursery put together. The husband and I spent the weekend buying, painting, and installing shelves in the room, which is making a huge difference. We have one more shelf to install and then I will post pictures. We also found a place to hang Preston's letters, and we will get that up soon as well.

I've been looking on Etsy for cute prints of lions, monkeys, elephants, and tigers to frame and put on one of the shelves. It looks like one shelf will be used for storage and the other I am hoping to have as decorative. I haven't found exactly what I am looking for yet, but hopefully it will pop up soon.

In the meantime, I am working on finishing up my final projects for school. I have three term papers that I've been chipping away at. I really want to have them all wrapped up by Thanksgiving so in case Preston decides to show up early it doesn't affect my school at all. It's an arbitrary deadline, but still one I would like to keep.

I think I have settled into not working and have been spending most of my time working on school, the house, and Preston's room. I do make sure that every time I feel him move that I stop and enjoy it. He loves when I lie on my side and gets very active in that position, so I make sure to do it a few times a day. I've been playing a lot of music in the house lately, so hopefully he is entertained in there.

I also set up his swing yesterday which is adorable. It has its new home in our living room and is a constant reminder of the new guest coming to our home. It's been horribly warm and humid here (75 degrees at 8 am?!), so I've adopted the elliptical machine lately for some exercise. I have slowed down for sure, but 20 or 30 minutes at an easy pace with a high grade seems to get the blood flowing for me.

I am so grateful for the stress free, textbook pregnancy I have had so far. It's been an amazing experience so far. I can't believe that we are just about at the 90 day mark until my due date. It sometimes escapes me what a life-changing process this is. I feel very blessed to be able to have the family, friends, and support system that my husband and I have and to be able to share this amazing time with everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment