Tuesday, October 19, 2010

99 days!

So today we hit double digits until the due date - only 99 days left! We are getting more and more excited for Preston to make his debut every day. We went to a childbirth class at the hospital I will deliver at and it was informative. I'm feeling good about everything and trying to be realistic about the outcome. I want to be prepared for either scenario (c-section or regular delivery), so nothing catches me off guard or surprises me.

I've been having some crazy fatigue the last few days and the swelling continues. The little guy is so active, he actually knocked a notepad off of my lap with a kick today. He spent a little while using my ribcage as a jungle gym (in my head at least) which was mighty uncomfortable. He is active almost all day now, but thankfully lets me sleep throughout the night.

It is slightly calming that at 26 weeks, if something were to happen and Preston was delivered at that age, he has an 80-90% survival rate. That really sets my mind at ease. He is also almost 2 lbs and his hearing is advanced - I'm not sure if it is coincidence or not, but he does kick after a loud noise lately. It is so amazing.

I have my glucose test in a few weeks (yuck!) but am already counting down to the week after when we go for our 3d/4d appointment. It may be the last time we see the little guy until he is delivered, so I am very much looking forward to that. It will have been over 2 months since we have seen him on an ultrasound by the time that appointment comes around, so I am getting antsy. I am so curious to see what he looks like in there!

No comments:

Post a Comment