Monday, October 11, 2010

Drive - Thru Appointment

Had a quick check-up today with my doctor. Weight is doing well (total gain of 17 lbs so far) and blood pressure is 110/70. Preston's heart beat was nice and strong and the doctor felt him kicking around during the exam. My fundal height is perfect for my gestation, and all is well. After about a 20 minute discussion with her, I decided to get my flu shot.

If I pay attention to my stomach now, I can see it twitch when Preston kicks. It's pretty cool. I can't see any arms or legs or anything poking yet, but my stomach definitely reacts when he moves. It's super cool to sit and watch. I wish I had a way to record video to share it with everyone.

Next appointment is November 8th for my one hour glucose test to check for gestational diabetes.

I've been having some hardcore swelling in both my hands and feet, as well as constant tailbone and back pain. The doctor says they are nothing to worry about, but it's weird not being able to curl my toes sometimes. I also am getting tired much sooner. Errands tire me out and cleaning takes forever lately. I'm just getting used to my new limits, which I know will keep changing as I get further along.

No comments:

Post a Comment