Friday, July 8, 2011

Momma's workout routine

Before I got pregnant with P, I was running. A lot. I had some weight I wanted to lose, and I really loved the running. I was running 4-6 miles about 5-6 days a week when I got pregnant. I tried to keep running, but I always got sick. So the running shoes went in the closet. I did a lot of yoga and walking when I was pregnant, and I gained 35 lbs. By the time we bought a scale at 2 weeks after P was born, the 35 lbs were gone. I've been working on losing the weight I was trying to lose before I got pregnant. It's taken a while, but I'm making some progress.

I've been running with P in the jogging stroller, which is a whole new animal for me. I've been doing the C25K program with P three times a week and lifting three times a week. I'm nowhere near the distance I was before I got pregnant, but I'm also pushing almost 40 lbs when I run now. It's starting to pay off. I'm down 15 lbs from when I started and the scale is continuing to move. I'm really enjoying the runs with P, and the weight lifting sessions in the gym without P. It's a great feeling to be doing something for myself every day.

And yes, P has his own workout clothes so he he is properly dressed when we go for our runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment