Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My Little Valentine

Things have been going really well lately. Preston and I are finding our groove with his feedings, and he is slowly taking a bit less supplementation after nursing sessions. He is becoming more alert and awake every day while still keeping his 4+ stretches at night. Actually, two nights ago he slept for 8.5 solid hours, from 10:30 pm until 6 am! I couldn't believe it! Alas, last night he was back to his four hour night time feedings, but it was a nice treat.

We have started reading to the little guy, and he loves Curious George stories. I named my first dog George after Curious George when I was little, so it is so fun to have Baby P learn the same stories. Goodnight Moon is next on my list to add to his nighttime routine. He is beginning to enjoy his evening baths as well.

For me personally, I have been enjoying taking him to the gym with me and out for walks with the dogs. The jogging stroller comes tomorrow and he and I begin our training for a 5k. I am a few lbs below pre-pregnancy weight, but still trying to find clothes that fit my new body properly.

I feel like I should have some amazingly worldly and insightful thing to say as a new mother of a 6 week old son. I really don't. I am truly enjoying every moment, every stage, and every smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment