Thursday, December 23, 2010

New family member..not Baby P!

Sadly, we had to put one of our two dogs down last week. Our dog Fred was paralyzed and his quality of life was deteriorating. After we put him down, the house quickly settled into a funk. I'd been looking for another 1-3 year old rescue dachshund for the family, but couldn't find one anywhere. I finally gave up and got a puppy - an 8 week old dachshund/terrier mix. She is simply adorable and amazing. We've had her since yesterday and she hasn't had a single accident in the house. Hopefully she gets acclimated before Baby P comes. I know we are crazy to have a new puppy with a new baby on the way, but we are so much happier than we were a few days ago.


Her name is Lilly.

As far as the pregnancy goes, I can sum it up in one phrase: HOLY PELVIC PAIN!! My pelvis and hips pop every time I move, they constantly throb, and I feel like I'm bruised. It's very, very painful and isn't letting up. Otherwise things are still about the same. Sometimes the baby stretches out his knee and his foot ends up high up in my ribcage and it makes it difficult to move or sit. I keep pushing his little foot down but he is pretty stubborn. Trying to enjoy these last few weeks while counting down the days until he decides to appear. I can't believe we are only a few weeks away.

1 comment:

  1. Lilly is ADORABLE!

    Good luck with that pelvic pain- unfortnately mine seems to get worse DAILY as he settles lower and lower! I bought a large yoga ball yesterday and have been sitting/rolling around on that and it is seeming to help a bit!

    ReplyDelete