Sunday, August 14, 2011

Transition

I was laid off when I was 6 months pregnant. It was important for us that I stay home with P for a few months. So I started looking for work when he turned 3 months old. Finally, this week I accepted a full time position. I start the 22nd. As excited as I am to go back to work, I'm torn about leaving P. I've been so blessed to be with him full time for the last 8 months. And I'm even more blessed that my parents will be watching him during the day. I expect it to be a tough transition, both emotionally and logistically, since I am still nursing and making all his food. So I spent a few hours making a bunch of food today. Black beans, roasted eggplant, sweet potato, peas, peaches, plums, apples, mangos, broccoli and cheese bites, and some lentils. My place smells amazing and I'm looking forward to keeping up with making his food so he has a little taste of mom's cooking during the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment