Friday, October 7, 2011

My First 5k Post Baby P

I've tried my hardest to be a runner the past two years. I ran my first 10k two weeks before I was pregnant with P. I tried a few times in early pregnancy to run, but I threw up each time I tried. So after P was born I started all over again building back my running. I mostly ran with P in the jogging stroller.

This past weekend there was a 5k literally steps from our home, and I couldn't pass up the opportunity to run a race again. The run was wonderful - I beat my old personal best by 3 whole minutes! I averaged 10:14/mile! I was super super happy with that. And who best to greet me at the finish but my two favorite boys?

P was over the race by the time we took this picture, so he's a bit cranky. So cranky in fact that we missed Gymboree!

1 comment: