Friday, May 20, 2011

Naps? What naps?

P refuses to nap. I said it. I have a 4.5 month old baby who refuses to nap. He's energetic, active and enjoyable all day. If you didn't pay attention to the clock, all of a sudden it's bedtime and he hasn't closed his eyes for a second yet. Although he sleeps 10 plus hours a night, the doctor says he needs about 15 hours of sleep in a 24 hour period, so I've been trying to wind him down for naps.

Sometimes nursing in a dark room in bed works, sometimes it doesn't. He also is a light sleeper with his naps. The second I move and get up, he's awake and ready to go. All he wants to do is play. He used to take a nap right after his first feeding, but he dropped that about a month ago. Hopefully we get into a routine sometime soon. That way I can have more cute sleeping pictures like this one:

No comments:

Post a Comment